The Carlisle Sentinel (12,000 daily, 13,000 Sunday): As one of two photographers, I am responsible for all daily operations of the department in absence of the chief. Duties include scheduling and budgeting stringers, planning daily photo coverage across multiple locations, shooting a wide variety of high school and collegiate sports, the U.S. Army War College and related activities, feature and news assignments. I also handle nearly all scanning and archiving duties. About half the time spent managing the department, half photographing. August 2006-present.
The Centre Daily Times, State College, Pa. (20,000 daily, 25,000 Sunday): Selected from a highly competitive pool of applicants to become the paper’s main freelance photographer. The position required a high degree of flexibility, as assignments often came with little advanced notice. Coverage included news, features, high school sports and Pennsylvania State University athletics. December 2003-February 2006.
The Public Opinion, Chambersburg, Pa. (15,000 circulation, daily, 17,000 Sunday): Part of a three-member staff covering four counties in Pennsylvania and a portion of northern Maryland. September 1994- October 2003.
Awards, citations and special projects
- National Press Photographer’s Association Region 3, 12th place overall, monthly clip competition, 2010.
- Sentinel Employee of the Quarter: First quarter, 2009.
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Association Keystone Awards: 1st place feature (2009).
- Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors Association: 1st place photo story (2008), 1st place sports photo (2008), 2nd place feature photo (2012, 2011, 2010, 2001), 2nd place sports photo (2011, 2010).
- National Press Photographers Association Region 3: Citations, 2nd place photo illustration (December 2008) and 3rd place general news photo (July).
- 2006 “Headstand Quarterback”: A shot of OSU quarterback Troy Smith completely vertical after being drilled by Nittany Lion Tamba Hali — selected for display along with other photographs of great Penn State plays from the 2005 Orange Bowl Championship season at the Bryce Jordan Center, State College, Pa.
- 2005 Olympus Fashion Week, Bryant Park, New York City: Photographed Isaac Mizrahi’s debut collection of pet fashions and accessories for Target. Work was displayed for a year on the retailer’s Design for All website.
- 2001 exhibit, “Near and Far”: collection of photographs taken on safari in Kenya and Tanzania, On What Grounds? Coffeehouse, Chambersburg.
- 1999, set photographer: Independent film “King of the Magicians,” Hoboken, NJ.